20 October 2012
My workout routine takes up 4 days/week – with Wednesdays and Sundays off.
This workout routine is laid out from exercise to exercise according to how I would do it.
Monday; Shoulders –
- 3 various shoulder press exercises *6 sets each of 10 reps
- Using Free weight and Machine for all; Front Deltoids (8 sets of 10 reps), Side Deltoids (12 sets of 8-10 reps) and Rear Deltoids (10 sets of 10 reps)
- *Bear in mind this is adjusted to suit my symmetrical construction – so adjust accordingly, doing more on weaker parts to get symmetrically even.
Tuesday; Legs –
- Back Squats *4 sets of 10 reps – super set with Straight leg dead lift (hamstrings).
- Quad Extensions; 5 sets of 18 reps, incorporating 10 fast (heavy weight) and 8 slow (Lighter weight)
- Hamstring Machine; 12 sets of 8-10 reps
- Calf leg raises; 10 sets each of 3 different angles, 10 reps each.
- Front Squats (Quads) 5 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Press; 5 sets 8-10 reps
- Wednesday - *Off – Cardio Speed intervals (incline on Treadmill) – 20 minutes
Thursday; Back & Biceps –
- Back - Wide grip pull ups (1set of 20 reps) Warm up
- Lats; Wide grip Pull downs 6 Sets of 10 reps
- Lower back; Dead-lifts; 5 sets of 8-10 Reps
- Lats; Closed Grip Pull downs 5 sets of 10 reps
- Lower back Pulls; Pull row machine; 4 sets 10 reps
- Upper back pulls; Alternate Machine; 8 sets 10 reps
- Biceps; Hammer curls, Wide and close grip – 4 sets each of 10 reps
- Dumbbells; Hammer – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Curl - 4 sets of 10 reps
Friday; Chest & Triceps
- Incline Press(upper chest) 4 sets of 10 reps
- Flys(chest separation) using cables – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Bench press; 4 sets of 10 reps
- Decline bench(lower chest) 4 sets of 10 reps
- Lower outer curve on chest; (Cables) 4 sets of 10 reps
- Skull crushers (using hammer curls) Close and wide grip 4 sets of 10 reps
- Triceps pull using cables – wide grip 4 sets of 10 reps
- Close grip bench press 4 sets of 10reps
Cardio; Cardio Speed intervals(incline on Treadmill) – 20 minutes
Interview with Tyrone Ogedegbe