Overhead barbell decline sit-up
Targets: Abdominals and shoulders
- Begin lying flat on the decline bench while holding a barbell over your chest with locked arms.
- Perform a regular sit-up while pressing the barbell to an overhead position.
- Return to starting position with the barbell directly over your chest.
Lying Leg Raise With Hip Thrust
- Lay flat on a bench and grasp the bench at the top for stability (head height).
- While keeping your legs straight and feet together, slowly raise your legs up until they are pointing straight up.
- Once you have reached the top point, lift your pelvis off the bench as high as possible-reaching your feet up towards the ceiling.
- Lower your pelvis back down until it hits the bench, then slowly lower your legs back to the starting position.
Physio ball pike
Targets: abdominals and shoulders
- Begin in a push-up position with your feet over the physio-ball and your arms locked holding onto an elevated platform (smith machine was used in this video)
- Slowly bring bring your body into a piked position while keeping your arms locked and over the bar (or other platform)
- Return to starting position while maintaining a tight core the entire time
- *You can also tuck your knees in for a slightly easier modification
Tanya Etessam interview: www.cutandjacked.com/CutAndJacked-Interview-Tanya-Etessam
For more of Tanya Etessam visit: www.tanyaetessam.com