03 November 2017
Recipe: High Protein Apple
- 1.5 scoops Unflavored Whey Protein Powder
- ½ cup Quinoa Flour
- 2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened Apple Sauce
- ¼ cup original unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/8 cup Egg Whites
- In a large bowl, mix together the protein powder, quinoa flour and cinnamon.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the apple sauce, almond milk and honey. Mix and then add to the flour mixture. Stir combined mixtures until blended.
- Using a small bowl beat the egg whites until thickened and almost fluffy.
- Gently fold beaten egg whites into flour and milk mixture. Do not over mix.
- Pour about ¾ cups of batter inside a preheated, lightly greased waffle iron, and cook according to waffle iron instructions or about 3 minutes.
- Enjoy warm and with your choice of topping or simply as it is.
Macros per serving: 1 waffle
- Calories: 291
- Protein: 27.1g
- Fat: 3.3g
- Carbs: 36.6g