When I first started training, my mistakes were wrong supplementation and nutrition.
I would say I have great genetics for strength and endurance but before
I started training my body would carry more fat.
First of all set your goals. Know what you want to achieve and how bad you want it.
From there consistency is easy.
I prefer free weights, because you are able to strengthen individual body parts
and auxiliary muscle groups, were machines are great for size training.
I am most proud of giving back to people who are in need of my training
or help in general where I can give.
I train 5 days a week no more than 1.5 hrs.
Sounds funny but abdominal training is my cardio, given my circuit style is high intensity.
I prefer 8 - 10 reps for off-season and 12 - 15 reps come competition time.
• Monday: Core, Chest /Triceps, Core: 15 minutes, circuit style
• Tuesday: Core, Back, shoulders, Biceps
• Wednesday: Core, Legs
• Thursday: Core, Chest, Triceps, Core: 15 minutes, circuit style
• Friday: Core, Back, Shoulders, Biceps
Four sets of every exercise, 13/15reps, 30 second rest (Maximum)
Tempo: 2 seconds on negative, noticeable pause on full contraction, explosive on positive motion. Negative motion is when you are resisting the weight, positive motion is when you are moving/ pulling or pushing the weight. Weight is not the most important aspect of this workout; the goal is not heavy weight but high intensity/ short breaks/ proper tempo.
Do not let workout exceed 90 minutes.
Abdominal work done ideally first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for 30 minutes. If not possible then do abdominal work first for 15 minutes before your lift so you have maximum energy.
Here is best cutting diet and the same diet I’m using before my show.
• Before morning workout: 1 black coffee with NO sugar Morning after abs workout routine: -egg white or protein shake-1 bowl of oatmeal (boil it with water) or microwave
• 2 hours later: -1 banana-1 rice cake (plain) lunch: -lean chicken breast (1-2)-boiled broccoli-boiled asparagus and mushrooms-1 rice cake (salt free, plain only)
• 2 hours later (before your 2nd work. Spinach salad mix (crushed walnut, mushroom, 1 tomato, and add 1 boiled chicken breast slices)..NO salad dressing!
• Then after your nightly work (that is where you workout other body parts) eats the following: -protein shake-2 cans of tuna mixed with red kidney beans (3-4 spoons) and some salsa sauce (no sodium).. Mix it all up and eat it-1 yam (sweet potato its more healthy) and 1 cauliflower- 6 walnuts, 6 almonds
optional:• 1 protein shake with glutamine before going to bed. Glutamine is for speeding up muscle recovery. .
No dairy product, which means NO cottage cheese. No sugar. No sodium (salt). No heavy carbs (rice, bread, pasta). Only complex carbs. Drink at least 3 litres of water a day. You will feel a little hungry when u follow this diet. But don’t eat anything extra. Let your body suck the fat out. Good luck. Let me know your results. I know you got the heart to do it! Don’t forget do your abs early in morning before breakfast.
I stay lean all year round.
Sometimes I eat the occasional junk food,
but I clean up my diet the next day to balance it out.
I have a fire in my heart, I push the last rep no matter what!
My goals are to compete in one of the future fitness shows,
as well as to start my own fitness show.
Whey protein, Multi vitamin, Fish oil, Casein protein
1. Believe in yourself
2.Don't ever give up
3.stay focused (keep your eyes on the prize)